With GSM3 click you can have two of the most used wireless communication protocols in one device — GSM/GPRS and Bluetooth. The click has an onboard 2.4 GHz active antenna, so it is Bluetooth compatible. It carries the SIM800H quad-band GPS/GPRS module from SIMCOM.
GSM3 click is designed to use both 3.3V and 5V power supply and communicates with the target MCU over UART and the following mikroBUS pins: PWM, INT, AN, RST, CS.
The click has an SMA antenna connector and an audio input/output pad for connecting a microphone and earphones (which can also be used as an FM antenna).
SIM800H has world-wide coverage — quad-band frequency: GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800 and PCS 1900. The module can search four frequency bands automatically.
Low power consumption
Typical power consumption in sleep mode is only 0.7mA. While in sleep mode the SIM800H can still receive SMS.
- SIM800H module
- GPRS data downlink/uplink transfer max: 85.6 kbps
- Supports GPRS coding schemes CS-1, CS-2, CS-3 and CS-4
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Supports SIM card: 1.8V, 3V
- Bluetooth antenna pad
- Connection pad for audio input/output
- Interface: UART
- Both 3.3V and 5V power supply